STEP 1: OBTAINING A QUOTEA reputable arborist will always give you an honest and positive response. It is important to ask the following questions:
- Are you insured? If yes, ask to see evidence of insurance — for example, workers compensation and public liability (recommended minimum: $2 million).
- Will you provide a written quotation?
- Are you a member of a professional organization? Membership does not guarantee work standards, but does demonstrate a degree of commitment.
- Can you provide me with the phone number of a reference who can show me some of your work?
STEP 2: CHOOSING THE QUOTEWhen you receive your quotations, check that they include all of the following before deciding which one to accept:
- Clear and full details of the work to be done
- Debris disposal
- Site cleanup
- Who will be responsible for obtaining arborist reports and tree-removal permits