Tree Fertilization and Deep Root Fertilization
What Is Tree Fertilizing?
Every tree needs food just like any other living things to grow and be healthy. Trees take nutrients and minerals from the soil. Deep Root Fertilizing, also called Root Feeding, is injecting carefully selected minerals and nutrients into the soil around your trees so that they can be easily absorbed by the roots of your tree.
Does My Tree Need Fertilizer?
Trees growing in their natural habitat should have access to all of the minerals they need to survive and grow. Anything you can do to mimic that habitat can reduce the need for fertilizer. This may include letting leaves remain on the ground in the fall instead of raking them up and leaving branches for natural decompose. Chances are that especially in city conditions, the need for fertilizer will not be entirely eliminated.
How Can Tree Doctors Help?
Helping Trees is Our Passion. While we provide full range of tree services in Toronto, Tree Fertilization is what we love doing the most and where we really stand apart from competitors. Yes, Tree Doctors still do house calls. We employ trained and experienced certified arborists who will visit your site at no cost and provide a full assessment of your tree and soil condition to find out what is wrong with your trees and what we can do to help them grow healthy and beautiful.
We don’t believe in general “fix it all” fertilizer. With over 50 combined years of combined tree expertise, Tree Doctors collected a vast knowledge of soil conditions in Toronto and GTA which helped us to develop a special fertilizing composition that is proven to work the best for our trees. Tree Doctors- Arborists Who Care.
Advantages of Deep Root Treatments:
- Fertilizing can increase the growth rate of a tree (especially young)
- Fertilizing can improve the color of the foliage
- Fertilizing is often the first step in an effective Integrated Pest Management program: A healthy tree is better suited to fight off pests and other pathogens
- Young or newly planted trees benefit from fertilizer and root feeding as they are establishing their roots into the native soil
- Many mature trees suffer from simple deficiencies that can be corrected with deep root fertilizing
- Any storm, construction or other damage that impacts the tree will cause considerable stress which can be mitigated by timely fertilization
- Fertilizing includes the pH correction in the soil which is very important with the substantially alkaline soils of southern Ontario.
The action of injecting fertilizer and soil amendments into the ground under pressure yields many advantages. Not only does this process replenish the depleted soil with needed nutrient components; it also disperses and aerates compacted soil, allowing water and oxygen to reach the root hairs where absorption takes place.
If you have any questions about Fertilizing and Soil injections Call us 416-201-8000 and one of our certified arborists would be happy to answer your questions.