Selecting Your Aborist
STEP1: OBTAINING A QUOTE
A reputable arborist will always give you an honest and positive response. It is important to ask following questions:
- Are you insured?
If yes, ask to see evidence of insurance, for example, workers compensation and public liability (recommended minimum $2 million).
- Will you provide a written quotation?
- Are you a member of a professional organization?
Membership does not guarantee work standards but does demonstrate a degree of commitment.
- Can you provide me with the phone number of a referee who can show me some of your work?
STEP 2: CHOOSING THE QUOTE
When you receive your quotations, check that they include all of the following before deciding which one to accept:
· Clear and full details of the work to be done.
· Debris disposal.
· Site cleanup.
· Who will be responsible for obtaining arborist report and tree removal permit