We care deeply about the environment, and it shows throughout our work. We take the following extra steps whenever possible:
- We plant trees wherever possible; we especially like finding spaces for big, native trees like oak and Scots pine.
- We actively preserve living trees, especially ancient or veteran living trees.
- We plant wildlife-friendly native woodland hedges.
- We recycle wood chips.
- We use a wood mill to convert felled trees into usable timber.
- We supply local wood turners with high-quality wood.
- We create habitat piles in quiet corners to provide a refuge for small animals like frogs, insects, and hedgehogs.
- We try to leave wildlife-friendly standing deadwood where appropriate.
- We use biodegradable fuel oil in our chainsaws.
- We put up bird, bat, owl, and squirrel boxes in trees wherever possible.
- We actively preserve living trees of all varieties.