We care deeply about the environment, and it shows throughout our work. The following things are done whenever possible:
- We plant trees wherever possible, we especially like finding spaces for big native trees like oak and Scots pines.
- We actively preserve living trees especially ancient or veteran living trees.
- We plant wildlife friendly native woodland hedges.
- We recycle wood chips.
- We use a wood mill to convert felled trees into usable timber.
- We supply local wood turners with high quality wood.
- We create habitat piles in quiet corners to provide a refuge for small animals like frogs, insects and hedgehogs.
- We try to leave wildlife friendly standing dead wood, where appropriate.
- We use biodegradable fuel oil in our chainsaws.
- We put up bird, bat, owl and squirrel boxes in trees wherever possible.
- We actively preserve living trees.